Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flashing Children and How I Did at Weigh-In


I haven’t written much lately because I haven’t been home much to write. I gained 1.6 pounds today. It breaks my heart a little, but I also haven’t really exercised (at least now how I normally do) in two weeks. It’s driving me nuts. I did get my bathing suit from my parents’ house this weekend, though, and did laps at the Y today. I’m doing that again Thursday and probably Friday, too. It’s very refreshing. And my goodness is it a workout! I was sweating my ass off in that pool. Which is a little gross considering that other people were also doing the same thing, thus we were all swimming in each other’s sweat. I have to stop talking about it now.

One last thing, though. I burned approximately 185 calories for 15 minutes! (Only 15 minutes because my bathing suit strap kept coming undone in the back. There was also a children’s swimming class, so I nearly flashed a group of 5-year-olds. I had to stop at 15 minutes because I didn’t want to get arrested.)

Yesterday I went on a 26-mile bike ride. It was about 95 degrees and it was awful. The ride itself was nice. The trail (Ghost Town Trail) is in great shape and is very scenic. But the heat made it unbearable. By the time I was done I had a heat rash and a killer headache. But I did 26 miles. I also wore my heart rate monitor for the first time! Woohoo! It was fantastic, but Clay doubted the 3,000+ calories it recorded. Sure enough, I checked when I got home and various websites said I had burned about 1,500 calories. My monitor counts distance and elevation, but not heart rate, when calculating calories. And the elevation component is a bit jumpy at times, so the calorie-reader is very inaccurate when it comes to biking. All the forums I found said that the running/walking calorie count is pretty accurate, so I hope once I can start doing that again I can cash in on those calories.

I’m still bummed about those 1.6 pounds, but I’m hoping swimming helps me out there. I knew I gained, too. I could see it in my face. Hannah said that was just water-weight in my face, but I know better!




My stats:
Total Weight Loss: 8 pounds
Exercise (yesterday): Biking
Distance: 25.65 miles
Time: 3:36:09
Average Pace: 8:25/mi
Average Speed: 7.1 mph
Max Speed: 14 mph
Calories: 3156 (more like 1500)
Average Heart Rate: 143 bpm
Max Heart Rate: 161 bpm


No comments:

Post a Comment