Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This Thing, It's Not Working

I think my HRM is incorrectly measuring my calories. I went for a 30 minute walk/jog and it said I burned 485 calories. THEN, I continued to burn them at a very high rate after I was done and all through my weight lifting. In total, it said I burned 875 calories. That can't be right. Clay said he'll look at it for me. I work on computers all day long but these small gadgets make me dizzy.

I ran for 1 minute and 21 seconds tonight! Longest time yet. Hannah ran with me as well. She ran 45 seconds. We're pretty awesome now. It's fun to have someone along side you who is willing to be healthy with you. It feels good. Doesn't it, girls?

Tonight I also bought a digital food scale. I'm afraid I'm inaccurately measuring my foods, which can be very dangerous. I almost bought a measuring cup with a built-in scale. Like this:

But Hannah confirmed my suspicions. It's unnecessary. Even if it is sent directly from God. Especially when I can use THIS GUY for so much more:


That's not my exact scale. Mine's better.

Stats for Wednesday, May 3, 2011 (with possible bad HRM readings):
Total Weight Loss: 2.4 poundsExercise: 30 minutes walk/jog; 10 minutes weight lifting (core)


Walk/Jog:
Calories: 485
Average Heart Rate: 124


Weightlifting (and after cardio calories):
Calories: 390 ?!?!
Average Heart Rate: 106


Total Calories Burned: 875 (maybe) (I have my doubts)

No comments:

Post a Comment