Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Swollen Weekend


It’s been a pretty activity-less weekend. Hannah and I walked/jogged and did legs on Wednesday, then I had some rough work-hours on Thursday and Friday so no workouts there. Also, my foot started swelling on Friday, which isn’t odd since it swells all the time, but by the time I got home, which was fairly late for a work-night, I noticed that there was a significant pain in the arch of my foot which increased in achiness throughout the night. Sleep brought little relief to the swelling and only allowed the pain to set in more. So now there's a pain in my arch that wraps up and alongside the inside of my foot toward my ankle. I kept ice on it for a few hours today and that helped the swelling, but it’s still painful/achy. Luckily I have a doctor’s appoint on Monday and can figure out what’s going on. I hope it’s not from running. Instinct is telling me it’s from our one-legged squats. My feet always hurt after doing those.

Took Hannah to my parents’ house today. I always eat like a jerk when I go home, so I planned my meal beforehand (chicken salad and chicken soup) and was prepared for going over my daily allowance just a bit. I haven’t been able to even meet it lately (I’ve been coming in at least five points shy a day for the past week), so I was okay with using some of my additional 49 points. And I even managed to go for a walk with Hannah.

Tomorrow is biking and I hope one of two things happen: 1.) my foot feels better or; 2.) my bike shoes make it possible for me to ride my bike with little to no pain. I need the exercise for sure. I’m feeling slothy:


No comments:

Post a Comment