Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bathing Suit Season

I swam for 55 minutes tonight and burned approximately 675 calories. I did 10 consecutive laps without a break! Usually I have to take a 10-second breather after a couple. But something weird happened tonight. After about 30 minutes into it I sort of zoned out. I stopped paying attention to the people in the other lanes, my arm motions, my breathing, whether or not I was pumping my feet enough, the lifeguard, the lane barriers, everything I find myself thinking about when I swim.

You know what I was thinking about? The number of points my dinner would be. And how many points my dinner would be tomorrow. Then I added up my projected points for my bike trip as far as I can predict. How ridiculous is that? I zoned out by counting up my WW points. That's madness, right? Normally, I would have laughed at the thought of getting through an hour-long lap swim by counting the number of food points I planned on using. But it feels okay to me now. 


Exercise: Swimming (55 minutes)
Calories burned: 675

No comments:

Post a Comment