Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bathing Suit Season and Weigh-In

I’m a day late with this blog. And I don’t have the right pants for my picture because my sister borrowed them to help me plant my flowers and she took them home to wash. I hope everyone can adjust to seeing me in a different outfit.

Yesterday was weigh-in. I wasn’t as nervous as I was last week because I knew I had had a decent amount of exercise in the past few days, unlike the two weeks before. I lost 4.4 pounds. The woman who weighed me even had to get out a calculator to make sure the number was correct. 4.4 pounds! That’s amazing! I don’t feel any different other than noticing that my one pair of pants keeps falling down. But it’s just the one pair. And they’re stretchy pants, too, so I don’t necessarily count them too much. Also, the one day last week, maybe Thursday, I felt very small. Not skinny or fit or svelte. Just small. I felt like my arms didn’t touch as much of my body when I crossed them, my stomach didn’t lap over my desk the way it usually does.

Due to my swimsuit snafu at the Y last week, I was on the hunt for a new one. Well, I found one yesterday at Burlington. It even has a skirt, which works wonders for flattery. I ended up sewing my straps in the back to make a racer strap that is convenient for swimming. But other than that small alteration, it was a perfect suit for me. I have a photo, but it's not cooperating at the moment, so I will post it later.

I lifted weights tonight with Hannah and I have swimming planned for Thursday and Saturday this week (I swam at my parents’ house on Monday) and my 64-mile bike ride has been rescheduled for this weekend. The first leg is all uphill. A 24-mile climb. Yikes! I apologized to Clay in advance for taking so long to climb it.
Total Weight Loss: 12.4 pounds
Exercise: Weight Lifting (20 minutes)
Calories Burned: 125 (approximate)

No comments:

Post a Comment