Thursday, October 13, 2011

Weigh-in and The 33-PointsPlus Struggle

I gained one pound this week. Argh! This fluctuation drives me nuts. I’m sure you’ve picked up on this throughout my posts, but WW gives you a daily PointsPlus target to use. This is based on your age, height, and gender. 29 points is the lowest you can go, and most people in my group are at 29 points. They have to lose 20 or 30 pounds, are older, and shorter as well. Anyway, when I started I got 38 points. Ugh. But also, yay! I could really pig out at some meals back then. But as you lose weight the points are taken away one by one. I’m now down to 33 PP per day. I’ve been at 33 for a while now and even made a guest appearance back to 34 the week I gained 3+ pounds. But 33 must be the magic number because I am having a hell of a time staying in that range. 34 and above I could do, but 33 is proving a bit more challenging. But it’s just one point, Kelly, how hard can it be. Who said that? Listen people, it’s one point, but it feels like many more. It’s a cup of tea, a ½ T of peanut butter (which I’ve been eating with my banana in the morning to stave off hunger a bit longer), a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. It’s small things that I add to my meals that make them a little better. And soon I’ll go down to 32 (because I’ll be damned if I let this little hurdle stop my weight loss), then 31, and all the way down to 29, where I will remain until I reach goal. After goal everyone goes back to 34 PP for maintenance.
So that is where I am right now. I’m struggling with this small adjustment. I’m also not back in my routine. I’m still in vacation-mode and have recently been plagued with a series of nasty headaches that leave me useless until I can medicate and nap, which I did yesterday after I left work early because I couldn’t keep my left eye open (the pain, oh the pain!). I’m good today though, and am taking an 11:05 spinning class. Post-Blog Update: I have an 11:30 meeting, so I can't do the spinning class today either! Argh! Since I came in inhumanely early just to take the class, I'm leaving early to get my 33-PP butt to the YMCA. I've had enough of this exercise-runaround.
Speaking of spinning classes, the gym where I work is offering a 2-hour Mt. Everest Climb spinning class at the end of October, complete with visual aid (of Mt. Everest). OMG! We simulate climbing Everest. I’m so in. Gonna sign up today; hope there’s room left on the sign-up sheet.
Back to those pesky points. I’m happy to report that I’ve stayed in the 33-PP range all week. Yes, all week. I plan on keeping it that way except for Saturday. I have my monthly writing workshop then and am making pumpkin spice cupcakes for it (3PP! Can you say “give me seconds?”). I will also be at Hannah’s, who has this tricky closet filled with snacks and treats that I like to gorge myself on.
AND – I can’t believe I didn’t mention this earlier – I’ve been on the lookout for jeans. Just one or two cheap pairs to hold me over until I’m in my size 16s again (which I wore for a brief second back in 2005 and didn’t have the heart to get rid of them). I stopped at Gabriel Brothers yesterday and found two pairs of Lane Bryant jeans. Size 16. One pair fit perfectly; one pair was a little snug but will fit perfectly after I lose a few more pounds. Each were $7.99! I’m pretty excited that I found them, because all my jeans that I have now keep falling down. At the end of the day I just slide them off. No need to work those annoying buttons and zippers.
No picture this week. Because I’m lazy.

Weight loss this week: +1 pound
Total weight loss: 26.6 pounds

1 comment:

  1. You need to post a pic of you in your trousers jeans. They're smokin'!

    ReplyDelete