Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weigh-In and The Out-of-Whack Week

I haven’t forgotten you! I promise. Things are hectic and I am not even living in my own apartment this week, so my schedule and routine is out of whack. I lost .8 pounds this week. I was secretly hoping for more because I switched up my exercise routine and did a 21-mile bike ride. Yesterday’s weigh-in was the last in the series for my WW-at-work. In the back of my mind I was hoping to reach my 10% (only 1.2 pounds to go) by the end of the series, but it was not meant to be. A new series is starting up in two weeks, but until then I am on my own. I am considering weighing in at a center near my apartment, but I haven’t fully committed to that idea yet since it just means more money. I still have eTools, which is great, so I might just weigh myself at home for the next two weeks and start up again at work. If the work sessions weren’t continuing I would definitely join another WW group near my apartment. I think I need that weekly gathering and discussion, even though I don’t say much during it. In fact, I’m kind of afraid to not go to a meeting and have an official weigh-in for the next two weeks. My health is worth the $12 weekly fee, right? We’ll see how I do this week.
I took a spinning and yoga class at work last week and am doing it again this week. Both were fantastic and my body was feeling the effects of yoga for days afterward. I’ve missed yoga. On Sunday I went swimming at the Y and on Monday Clay and I took a bike ride. Like I said in my previous post, it was supposed to be a 54-mile ride, but pending rain stopped that from happening. But at least we got in 21 miles! I swear every time we plan a long day ride it ends up raining. At least it feels like it.
Sara Rabbit might not be able to make the 5K in Regent Square, and I haven’t fully committed to it either. I promised my niece that I would take her to paint pottery and that’s the only available day I have before she starts school, so I might miss that 5K. But there is one coming up in October and I’m going to see if I can’t find one for September as well. That was a great workout and I’m anxious to try it again.
AND, I realized that I haven’t walked/jogged in weeks! How awful! I don’t really have a reason either, other than time. But I’m getting in plenty of exercise so I’m not sure that time is really the issue. I need to get back to it. How will I become a runner if I’m not running?
No picture today, but I do have a picture of how I spent my weekend:


Thanks to Hannah, I went from seeing no Harry Potter movies to seeing all eight Harry Potter movies in a matter of moments. Number seven was my fave. Hermione’s outfits were fantastic in that one, don’t you think? Just look at the fit and shade of this jacket! The textures just pop right off the screen. And the way that collar lies across the neckline from the shirt underneath? And the pink sleeves paired with the grey/blue? Yes, yes, and yes!


Weight Loss this Week: .8 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 22.8 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment