Friday, August 19, 2011

How I Gave Away My Memories

I've been running again. Well, walking/jogging. I mentioned that I hadn't been running for a few weeks, and I can certainly tell. I could only do 75-second jogs last night. I'm going to the Y in the morning and hope to do a little longer of a jog on the treadmill. Cross your fingers for me.

This weekend is filled with restaurant meals. I'm going to dinner tonight with two of my sisters, lunch with Hannah and her sister tomorrow, a wedding dinner tomorrow night, out for lunch on Sunday (my family is getting Pizza Hut but I told my mom I would probably stop at Subway instead - go me!), and a special treat of Vincent's Pizza on Monday. My plan of attack? Plan ahead as much as possible and PAY ATTENTION! I have already studied the menus of a few of the places, but not all. For instance, I don't know what kind of food will be served at the wedding. I'll most likely stick to salads. I'm pretty good at estimating the points with the toppings and dressing.

I did spinning this week, but didn't do yoga. I was all packed for it, but work was too busy and I had to work straight through the class. I got sushi with a friend yesterday and then came home and jogged with my sister. She's a much better jogger than I am. She said she used to run for one mile on her treadmill at home. How did I not know this? I find it incredibly impressive when people can run a whole mile without stopping. I hope I get there someday.

Then we talked about how sedentary my childhood was. She had these memories of going on groups walks with the youth group and I had no idea what she was talking about. "That's because you never went," she said. How sad is that? A perfect memory I could have had but gave it away because I didn't want to exercise. How many other memories am I missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment