Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weigh-In and Miscellaneous Babble

Yesterday I lost .2 pounds. Guess why that is so wonderful? Go on, now. Guess.
It’s so wonderful because on Sunday, I ate potato salad, baked beans, a pepperoni roll, cake, and ice cream. THEN, on Monday, I had another piece of cake!
My parents had a gathering at their house for my gram’s birthday, so there was a lot of food and socializing going on. I’m quickly learning that I don’t do well at these little picnic outings, so I planned ahead and pre-tracked my meal, allowing myself a decent portion of the foods I knew I would want the most. It was a lunchtime meal and I knew it would fill me up for the whole day, so I hardly had to dip into my extra weekly points. In fact, I still had 20 or so left by the end of the week and still had all my activity points.
And, the biggest victory of all came Monday night. I told Clay I was going to eat BOTH pieces of cake that my mom sent home with us. One was banana cake and the other was a mayonnaise cake with peanut butter icing (my absolute favorite in the whole world).
I started with the banana cake, because I wanted to save my favorite for last. But by the time I was halfway through the mayonnaise cake, I had my fill of sweets and so guess what I did? I STOPPED EATING THE CAKE!! Yes, my favorite cake in the whole wide world. I threw half of the piece away.
Let me tell you about this cake. A few years ago I decided to give up chocolate for Lent. I’m not Catholic, but my mother encouraged my sisters and me to sacrifice something anyway. I chose chocolate because it’s not really a weakness of mine, so I knew it would be relatively easy (yes, very crappy/cheaty of me, I know). So I was doing fine all of lent until I went to my parents’ house one weekend. My mother had made a mayonnaise cake with peanut butter icing and before I remembered that I gave up chocolate for Lent, I had already devoured two pieces.
That cake puts me in a trance. It is moist and the mayonnaise gives the cake this tangy edge that mixes so well with the sweetness of the peanut butter icing. I didn’t even remember I had given up chocolate until I was halfway through my second piece of cake. That’s what this cake does to me.
And I threw half of a piece away.
I have to get creative with my activity this week. I’m two pounds away from my 10%. Can you imagine?? Ten percent of my body weight – gone. Poof! I love it. I don’t like to set weight-loss deadlines, so I don’t care if it takes me a few weeks to drop those two pounds, but my regular exercise timeslots aren’t available this week – work is pretty hectic right now and my sister is staying at my place to get her radiation so I have to get everything ready for her and move out of my apartment for a few days – so I had to think of some new times to exercise.
Solution: Today, I signed up for a lunchtime spinning class at my work (I love that there is a gym where I work), tomorrow I am signing up for a yoga/pilates class during lunch, Sunday I am swimming in the morning, and Monday (weather permitting) Clay and I are going on a bike ride. I hope I can squeeze all that activity in.
No picture this week. But I gave you a treat last week, so that should keep you going until next time.

Weight Loss this Week: .2 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 22 pounds

1 comment: