Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How I Rewarded Myself

I blog with some great news. I’ve unofficially hit my 10%!!! Ten percent of my starting body weight is gone! I say unofficial because, as you know, the WW meetings at my work are on a 2-week hiatus. This means I have to weigh myself at home. Usually the scales match up pretty closely, and I’m nearly a pound below my 10%, so I’m pretty comfortable with saying I’ve reached that milestone. Now to just keep going! I set my new goal weight for 15 more pounds. That’s just a temporary goal, mind you. I will set another goal once I lose that weight.

I was trying to think of a reward to give myself for losing that weight. I found these cute little heels online, but ruled them out because I need to try those kinds of shoes on. Then I thought of getting some official running shoes complete with the stance evaluation, but that was a little too pricey. So . . . I bought this!



Not the woman, although I'm sure she's a lovely person. The skirt! I bought the skirt! I have read countless articles about how a pencil skirt should be a staple in all larger women's closets. I've tried several in the past but never liked any of them. They somehow always managed to make me look bigger. But I really liked the cut and style of this one, so I tried it on in the store (Lane Bryant) and loved it, but it was too expensive. Then I found a 40% off coupon and that pretty much made my decision. And here’s the awesome part – I bought it a size smaller than what I currently wear. Yep. So I HAVE to lose weight in order to fit this fantastic skirt.

This week has been pretty hectic. I say that a lot, I know. But it’s always true. I still don’t have a picture for you, but next week starts the new WW at-work series, so I will have a picture for you then. I promise. And between now and then I hope I have a free minute to put a picture blog together from my hike this past Sunday.

One last thing – I took a spinning class at work today. There are several different instructors and apparently two of them have started a little competition to see who can have the harder class. The class was so intense today that I thought I was going to vomit afterwards. Twenty minutes of nausea. Sit with 20 minutes of nausea and see who blinks first. It’s gonna be you.

1 comment: