Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weigh-In, Lake Chautauqua, and My Grocery List

I gained .2 pounds this week. Not bad considering the weekend I had. Clay and I went up to Lake Chautauqua in New York, expecting a weekend of biking and boating. Here we are on the wine trail, prior to checking in to our motel. As you can see, we are excited for the trip:


The website for the lake bragged about a beautiful road that wraps gently around the lake, perfect for bicycling. I was so excited that I texted this to Clay, “It looks like once we park at the motel we can bike to wherever we need to go!”

False advertising on Lake Chautauqua’s part. The road does wrap around the lake, and parts of it were beautiful, but it was a busy highway full of too-fast cars and went from desolate to crowded town in .7 seconds. There were also some pretty decent hills, too, which aren’t my strong point. So we hardly biked all weekend. We got 4 miles in at a park near our hotel and 4 miles in at Presque Isle before it started raining. We also kayaked on the lake for 45 minutes (that’s some hard stuff right there!). This upset me, so I had a beer (Southern Tier's Raspberry Wheat = Delicious!):


So that is why I’m pretty impressed that I only gained .2 pounds. Because I ate horribly with little exercise. Now, Hannah thinks I give food a bad rap. I mention how “bad” it is and how I shouldn’t eat it. She said I treat it like the enemy. So let me say that I do not think food is my enemy. I think all food is wonderful and can be eaten in small quantities. So while I say I ate horribly, I mean the foods I ate should have been in smaller doses.

Among the larger portions of food that I should have consumed less of this weekend:
pad thai, ice cream, bread, cheese, wine, wine, wine

But I ate lots of fruits and veggies! And I tracked every single bite.

Last thing I will say about the trip: look at this sunset!


I spent the night visiting my sister and grocery shopping, so I’m too beat for a picture, but I did manage to snap a few shots of my groceries and my lunch salad that I blogged about last week:

Clockwise: Kale, Spring Salad Mix, Cantaloupe, Red Onion, Mushrooms, Orange Pepper,
Sweet Potatoes, Baking Potatoes, Bananas, Vine-Ripened Tomatoes
Not sure what to do with the kale -- I've never eaten it before. Gonna look up some recipes tomorrow. I felt pretty awesome putting all those beautiful and colorful fruits and veggies up on the conveyor belt. And now for my salad:

Inside the bowl: Spring Salad Mix, Red Onion, Tomato,
Orange Pepper, Mushrooms, Goat Cheese
For my dressing I will have 3 T of Marzetti's Pomegranate Vinaigrette. So, the total PP value for the whole salad is 7 points (3 for the dressing, 4 for the cheese)! And it's delicious!

Lastly, I went swimming today. First time since the ear infection. My earplugs felt good in my ears, but I’m going to pay close attention to them in the coming days. We’re suppose to get a heat surge here this week so I might be doing some gym workouts so I can stay out of the humidity and heat. I want to try running on a treadmill. But right now I have to sleep.

Weight Loss This Week: +.2 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 18 pounds
Exercise Today: 30-minute swim
Calories Burned: 317

No comments:

Post a Comment