Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weigh-In and My Walk/Jog

As suspected, I gained 1.2 pounds today. I’m trying not to let it get me down though. I realize what it was that made me gain (poor food choices among other natural factors) and will work to control what I am able to this next week.

Tonight I went for a 33-minute walk/jog. I did 1.63 miles and burned 211 calories. I originally wanted to go for an hour, but once I got out in that heat I realized I should probably work up to that amount. That heat is some serious stuff. Especially when you’re jogging in it. I jogged for about a minute each time (probably about 7 jogs total). The longest I ran tonight was 95 seconds. I’m finding that my recovery time is less in between each jog. My muscles were tightening up toward minute 22, so I just walked the rest of the way home. I think I did very good and will keep an eye on my foot, but 211 calories is not much compared to the 600 I would have done swimming, so I have to do some fancy shuffling if I want to maintain my weekly caloric burn. I think getting in a few bike rides will help with that.

Here I am tonight. There is a definite change from when I first started WW, but my side view is crazy-thin tonight. Perhaps I was sucking in my gut more than usual. But I felt natural when I was posing, so I’m just gonna go with it. It might also have to do with the fact that I'm wearing a sports bra.


Weight loss this week: +1.2 pounds
Total weight loss: 15.4 pounds
Exercise: 33-minute walk/jog
Calories Burned: 211

No comments:

Post a Comment