Monday, September 5, 2011

Wolf Rocks Trail: A Picture Blog and Also How I Get Distracted by Fall

Finally, a rainy day where I can catch up. I am a huge huge huge fan of fall. It's the best season ever. Anything can happen during the months of September and October and I would manage to make it romantic and fuzzy. What? You broke your arm? Well, at least you can watch the leaves turn orange from your hospital window! Oooo, sorry to hear about your car breaking down. But isn't it fantastically fall outside?! It's like that new-relationship feeling every year. I could be locked inside a room with no windows and still feel butterflies in my stomach just because I know it's fall. Butterflies in the stomach? What could be better than that?!?!?!

Anyway, Clay and I were supposed to go biking today, but I don’t mind being rained in. Mainly because it's fall, and any weather is good weather in the fall. But also because my sister, mother, and I went on a 4-mile walk yesterday. It was pretty great. I burned 512 calories and it took us 1 hour and 23 minutes.

So let’s talk about this hike. The trail was Wolf Rocks Trail at Laurel Summit State Park. It was a rocky trail that offered hills, moss, and a tricky root system that forced you to pay attention. 

Let's start, shall we?




Look at all this scenery! Fresh from the set of Legend.





The moss was vibrant. Nuclearly vibrant.


Here's the actual trail. See how you have to pay attention lest you snap an ankle?


Okay, so it doesn't look that scary (parts weren't), but I had to climb these:



It was worth it though, because we got to see this!





Clay has made it a point to make the Captain Morgan pose whenever we do anything in nature. I don't know why.

We also saw various types of mushrooms. I have yet to research any of them, but they were varieties I've never seen before:





It was only a 4-mile hike, but it was jam-packed with cool things. Next time we go we're going to take the trail to a bog. That should activate my imagination quite nicely, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment