Friday, May 25, 2012

P90X and the Mile

Hello out there! Here’s the run-down: I lost 2.8 pounds two weeks ago, and gained 1.2 pounds this week. I cannot consistently lose to save my life right now.
P90X is going great. I’ve been making it to most of the classes and have also been getting in some jogs and swims outside of the P90X schedule. Last weekend, Clay and I did the Pine Creek Trail. I don’t have my pictures downloaded from my camera yet, but it was gorgeous. The most picturesque trail I’ve been on, ever.  We did 40 miles on Saturday and 23 miles on Sunday. I could have done more on Sunday, but it was a long drive back to Greensburg and I was excited to sit and relax. I told Clay that I would like to go back in the fall and bike the whole trail! Yikes! That would be 120 miles in two days. Do you think I can do it? After riding the trail and seeing the surface and the grade, I think I can. I know I can!
We’re doing another bike trip this weekend. This time we’re staying in Cumberland. It’s supposed to be 90 degrees on Sunday. I told Clay that I would bike as much as I could but I don’t bike well in that kind of heat. We’ll see. Maybe a cold front will set in between now and Sunday.
Ahh! I forgot to tell you guys! I jogged for a WHOLE MILE last week. And then I did it again this week and beat my record! Now, my record is way slow, as you can imagine (14:26 the first time; 14:10 the second), but the important thing is that I kept jogging. I never once stopped to walk, even though walking might have proved to be faster at times. I held the form. For over 14 minutes, I held the form. I was giddy both days I did it. Texts were flying from my phone like crazy. Oh boy. I ran a mile!
So that’s it for me. What’s going on in your world? Give me the low down, the deets, the chicken scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment