Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weigh-in and New Weigh-in

I was pretty excited to step on the scale this week. Why? Well, I’m glad you asked. I was excited because I ate on-point this week and got a lot more exercise than I’ve been getting. I went off the wagon on Saturday and Sunday, like I’ve been doing for a while, but I still stayed within my extra points and the surrounding days were full of health and measurements and exercise (I even had a crazy workout on Saturday morning before indulging in pizza and dip).
So you can imagine my disappointment when I stepped on the scale and saw a .4 gain. Whaaat??? A gain? Are you kidding me, Universe? I immediately called bull shit. This was not fair. No way, no how. But I plugged it into my tracker and then sat back and thought about what made me gain. Yes, I overate on Saturday and Sunday. Even a little on Monday (although I had plenty of APs from Insanity class), but I was pretty proud of myself for how I handled the other days and those few days of over-indulgence were still within my points.
I was talking to a friend about this. We’ll call her “Stephanie.” She said that if she eats poorly on the weekends the residual effects of it usually last until Wednesday or so. I had been noticing that about myself as well. I always weigh less on Wednesday than I do on Tuesday. So I got on the scale Wednesday morning and had lost 3.6 pounds. That’s more like it. I know WW says to not go by scale alone, but those numbers do play mental games with you for sure. So, until I can get my weekends back under control, and I have no doubt that I will, I am changing my weigh-in to Wednesday mornings.
Spring is just around the corner and I’m anxious to get back to long bike rides and walks around my neighborhood. I’m going to try the C25K once my class is over in April. I’m crossing my fingers that that pesky tendonitis doesn’t come creeping back again.  Here I come, nature. Hide your children. I don’t know what that means. It sounds kind of gross, actually. I should probably delete these last few sentences.

Weight loss this week: +.4 pounds
Total weight loss: 37 pounds

3 comments:

  1. Don't you hate that!? I cut my calories down to 1200 a day and poof, I gained weight. I even swim every morning. Finally, I decided just to eat when ever I want, but it has to be healthy, and I started losing!

    I think you really have to know you're body. It sucks trying so hard and gaining weight :( Good thing you have tons of motivation! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And good luck to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate scales. I weigh in at my doctors office every week when I go to see him. He put me on a different scale the other day and it said I gained 12 pounds in a week. I decided that scale is my arch nemesis. But, if you did exercise a lot then don't forget you could have added some muscle. Which is always good!

    ReplyDelete