Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weigh-in and How I Will Fix It

Oh yuck. Yuck yuck yuck. I gained 4.4 pounds this week. There were some reasons I couldn't control, like the swelling in my foot (yes, that’s still there!), but there was one glaring mistake I made this week.
I said in my last post how I had been up two pounds all week. Every day after my weigh-in day saw a gain of two pounds. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The scale didn’t budge. No matter what I ate, no matter how much water I drank, no matter what exercise I did. It just wouldn’t move. I hate to admit it, but I let it get the best of me. I actually had this thought: “Well, if I’m not losing any weight then why not eat what I want?” And that’s exactly what I did. I used Clay’s Superbowl party as a special occasion to eat what I wanted. A Superbowl party. That was my special occasion. A SUPERBOWL PARTY! I don’t even like football! What is so special about a Superbowl party that I would consider it enough of a special occasion to eat the following foods (in very large quantities, mind you): chips and dip, oreo cream pie, peanut butter cream pie, Italian sausage sandwich, garlic parmesan chicken tenders, cream cheese roll, chips and dip, chips and dips, chips and dip (my weakness is salty foods, not sweets)??? The answer: nothing. There is nothing special about that day. I was discouraged from my consistent gain of two pounds and I let it get the best of me. So now I’m 4.4 pounds heavier and feel like I gained every last ounce of weight back. All 30-something pounds. I feel defeated. I feel like the unhealthy me let the healthy me down.
Okay, so what am I going to do about it? Surely I’m not going to let this setback set me back, right? Right! Here’s my plan: I have no plan. Everytime I come up with a plan – an eating plan, an exercise routine, a set of restrictions – I always feel trapped and end up allowing one misstep to throw me off completely. So here’s what I’m going to do: I’m going to be the best I can be this week. I’m going to work on making better decisions and get back to tracking (because I haven’t been tracking on the weekends, another problem for another blog). I’m not only going to think about the food I’m choosing to put in my body, I’m also going to think about the portions of that food. I’m just going to do my best. No rules, no guidelines, just an honest effort. I can do this.
Weight loss this week: +4.4 pounds
Total weight loss: 35.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment