Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Return of the Blog

Hey, guys! Not much is going on here. I’ve been chugging away, trying to keep up with everything that’s going on around me. I got an adjunct position teaching Comp 1, so that’s taking up a lot of my evenings and weekends (most of them, actually).
I’m doing well with Weight Watchers. I’m blowing it on the weekends, though, which is pushing me to maintain my weight rather than lose anymore. It’s so frustrating and it really just comes down to lack of willpower. I was down to my lowest weight last Friday, but I’m sure I’m up again after the weekend (it was my workshop weekend, which means a TON of food that I have a really hard time saying no to). Every week I promise myself that this weekend I will get it under control. Then the weekend comes and I give in to biscotti and chocolate and pizza and bread. Ugh. However, I started to track my weekend food, which I had fallen out of the habit of doing, so that’s good. I guess at the very least I am maintaining my weight.
However, I have been weight lifting and exercising like mad. You have no idea. I did P90X this spring and summer, and now I’m doing boot camp. Every day, a different part of my body is sore. Today it’s arms/shoulders/chest. My body is changing so much. Everything is tighter; my waist is trimmer. Things are shifting and tidying up. It’s very nice. I’ve also started taking yoga on Tuesdays. I can do a shoulder stand! Shutyourface.
The best part? I can run! Well, jog. But I can consistently run one mile. I’ve run up to two miles, but my schedule is so hectic that I can hardly maintain a consistent running schedule, so I have yet to build up much more than one mile yet. But still. I remember when I couldn’t run longer than 90 seconds. Wow.
I’ve fallen off the blog wagon for many reasons, but I miss it terribly. Every time I think about blogging, something happens that needs my immediate attention and I get distracted. I really think this blog had a lot to do with my initial success with WW, and I pine over those successful first months.
Let’s try this again, shall we? Even if it’s just a weekly post. Here’s the first one. I might include a progress picture with my next one. But for now, here’s a picture of me on vacation in August. Clay and I went to Mackinac Island. No cars allowed! It was just us and our bicycles. Oh, Heaven, how I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment