Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Day I Reappeared after I Disappeared

You thought I dropped off the edge of the world. And you were right to think of it as a possibility, but I haven’t. I’m weeks behind in my blog and I’m finding that with the holiday season and an increased workload, time has not been kind to me. To boot, the last thing I want to do when I finally get home from work is to sit in front of the computer for any more number of minutes.

You might also think my silence is indicative of me falling off the wagon or slacking on my weight loss. But I assure you that is not the case! Last week I lost a whopping 3.6 pounds (and over Thanksgiving week, nonetheless!), and this week I lost another .6 pounds. That brings my total weight loss up to 35.2 pounds. I am less than five pounds away from my next mini goal. Once I hit that I’m going to attempt running again. My feet haven’t been swelling at all since I got my custom shoe inserts, so I’m going to see if 40 less pounds will also help with my attempt at becoming a runner.

My at-work series ends on December 27, and WW is reconfiguring how they do at-works. It’s a long, confusing explanation, but in short, I will be attempting to do strictly eTools at the end of December, so no more WW official weigh-ins and meetings. Well, there will be official weigh-ins, but they’ll just be me weighing myself. I’m going to try it for one month and see how it goes. If I find it to not be beneficial for me, I will buy a monthly pass and start attending meetings again. So wish me luck!

Now, things have been happening. For the first time in my adult life, I purchased and decorated a Christmas tree. I had my very first sleepover with my 4-year-old niece (it went fantastically, btw) and we decorated it with Hannah. Two Hannahs in one house. Can you stand it? 



I also bought the cutest pair of plum-colored high heels (please pray I don’t break my neck) that I am slowly breaking in around my apartment before I unleash myself out in the world with them on my feet. They look brown in this picture, but they are plum.



AND, lastly, I found two great food finds. The first is a WW product: Fruities! These things are fantastic! They remind me of these mints that the Italian Oven used to hand out with the check. They have this rubbery, hard, chewy texture, making it impossible to devour a large amount at a high speed. You can have eight of them for 1 PP! My favorite so far is the blackberry.



The second food I found is Cookie Butter. I found this at Trader Joes and decided to try some out because it had half the fat content as peanut butter. When I got to the checkout, the cashier told me that it was not only delicious, but that Trader Joes is one of two places IN THE WORLD that carries it. The other place is somewhere in the Netherlands. How true that is, I don’t know, but I did try to Google “cookie butter” and had no luck. So until it catches on, I have one of the few jars of it (and it’s in a glass jar to boot!). It’s delicious and tastes just like cookies. It’s 1 PP for ½ a TBS, and 2 PP for 1 TBS. Of course, it doesn’t have the protein peanut butter has, but it’s a nice treat if you’re looking for a points-friendly snack.


I will try to keep this blog up with my weekly weigh-ins, but with the holidays coming I can’t promise I will have much time to do so until they are over. At least not blogs with weekly pictures. Sorry, folks. Words might be all you get until the New Year.


P.S. I have also been busy finishing up my spare room. There's a big bed in there now, so I had to change the location of my weekly pictures. Welcome to my kitchen.

Weight loss last week: 3.6 pounds
Weight loss this week: .6 pounds
Total weight loss: 35.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment