Saturday, November 5, 2011

How I Conquered Mt. Everest and Pizza All in the Same Week

Hello! I gained .6 pounds this week. I exercised a lot, and I ate a lot. Other than that, I'm not going to over-analyze this one. Promise. I will say that I have a size 14 pair of Old Navy dress pants that have been hanging in my closet for years. I tried them on today and they fit! Woohoo! Old Navy runs big on their sizes, though, but I'll take it.

I realized that I haven't talked about my Mt. Everest two-hour spinning class yet. It was pretty fantastic. It was a climb-based class, so we did a warm-up of 14 minutes, then a 22-minute climb (standing and pedaling the whole time). Then we rested for a song, then climbed for another few songs. It went on like that for two hours. It was pretty intense and Lara (the gym director) varied the climb resistance, so sometimes we were doing a running climb, sometimes we were doing a if-you-let-yourself-slow-down-too-much-your-pedal-will-get-stuck-because-the-resistance-is-too-high climb. Those last ones are the worst. You just want to cut off your thighs right there on the spot. It was a fantastic workout. There was also a slide show that changed with each phase. Also, the music was just right: fast when you needed motivation, and slow-to-build music during our climbs. Lara did a fantastic job with orchestrating the whole thing.

She's giving another two-hour spinning class the day before Thanksgiving, so I'm going to sign up for that one too. Only this one will be a regular spinning class with jumps and sprints and climbs all mixed in. She's tough, too, so I might vomit.

Let's move onto food, shall we? The food I've missed most since going on WW is pizza. I could eat pizza every day for the rest of my life and I would die a happy, albeit very overweight, woman. Because there's so many different kinds and every pizza place makes it so differently that it's like a new food each time! I'm getting too excited and I need to calm down.

Anyway, I found a great way to make a whole pizza for nine PP. Yes, that's right. I said nine PP. The trick is using Flat Out. Each wrap is only two PP. I topped mine with 1/4 cup Ragu pizza sauce, 2 oz. of fat free mozzarella, 1 oz. of freshly grated parmesan reggiano, onions, green pepper, and 16 pieces of turkey pepperoni. That adds up to nine PP for a whole pizza! And it tastes delicious! Here's the thing in action now:


Tell me you couldn't gobble that up like a fat kid would. My goodness that is heavenly.

Now that I know how to get my pizza fix, you better believe I'll be all over this new trick. I must admit, one isn't enough for me. I'm still hungry (or at least not satisfied) after I eat it all. But they're so low in points that I usually have enough left over for my full peanut butter and jelly sandwich flat AND a cup of tea! That usually does it.

I don't generally post non-WW related things on here, but I was interviewed by Fiction Brigade today, so look for my interview on their website in the near future. I'll be sure to let you know when it's up. And if you write fiction (or any genre), send them a piece of it. It's a fantastic journal run by two great ladies. They're currently running a haiku contest and the winner receives a copy of my chapbook. What a great prize, if you ask my opinion. I think I heard you ask.


Weight loss this week:  +.6 pounds
Total weight loss: 30 pounds

1 comment: