Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How It Starts

Today, I joined Weight Watchers and, thanks to my friend Kristi, also discovered http://www.sherylyvette.com/. This woman is a wonderful dose of motivation. While I snuck a few blog post reads at work, I noticed that she posts her daily heart rate monitor readings. I exercise on a regular basis but never thought of buying a device that allowed me to track my progress. I did some quick (20 minute) research on Consumer Reports and various other sites, and found one that was good for casual exersisers (is that a word?) and got good reviews across the board.



I bought it immediately.

Until it arrives, between May 2 and May 6 according to Amazon, I can only guess at my exercise specs. I usually run on the arc trainer and burn 500 calories in 35 minutes. I do that three times a week. Sadly, that is not enough. It seems that I’m not shaking up my body enough and I’ve stagnated on the exercise front. So I’m shaking it up.

But first, let’s revisit Weight Watchers. I’ve lost weight on my own before, but only once in my life, and it was done without any planning. One day I decided to join Curves and four months later I had lost a ton of weight. I kept it off for a year or two, but it crept back on and then some. I have no idea how I lost it. Maybe it was the fact that before Curves, I didn’t exercise AT ALL and my body just reacted well to it. Maybe it was because I started dating a guy who ate like a bird, which, in turn, made my eatings more bird-like when I was around him. Either way, I lost it and I don’t know how. Nothing I’ve tried on my own has worked since then. So Weight Watchers it is.

My intent with this blog is to keep an active log of my exercise and weight loss progress. I need to be held accountable for my actions when it comes to losing weight and what better way to do that than to make it available to nearly the entire world? (Actually, everyone has a blog nowadays so I’m banking on mine staying pretty underground, thus being very diary-like in its exposure.)

So here’s me today, April 26, 2011. I don’t want to tell my weight. Not yet. Let me lose some weight first. It’s bad enough I’m publically posting a picture of myself in a tank top.



Once I get my heart rate monitor I will start logging that info on here. But so far:
WW Points Used: 37 out of 37
Exercise: 15-minute weight lifting (arms); 25-minute walk/jog combo

No comments:

Post a Comment